Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to create a zigzag surface in a way that every other mountain and valley would be different in amplitude. The problem that I am facing is that when lofting the curves, one of the surfaces (obtained from lofting 2 sets of curves) is created using a wrong sequence or it will only be created on the bottom first row. 

I know my explanation might not be clear enough but I have attached my GH definition here, I appreciate if you could have a look at it and tell me where am I going wrong. 

Thanks

Views: 1609

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Moved from the Bug forum to Discussion.

Thanks David.

Hi.

Is it what you are after?

Attachments:

Actually I want to create a surface that combines a zig zag form and a checkered pattern, similar to this:

Like this?

Attachments:

More or less. I don't want it to be completely random. I want to have only 2 repeating modules. I tried to develop this definition by following basic steps but I'm still missing 2 of the surfaces and when I use Shift List it gives me an error.

I know this a pretty basic problem, but I can't find where I'm going wrong.   

Attachments:

"I am trying to create a zigzag surface in a way that every other mountain and valley would be different in amplitude."

In my opinion, you're making things difficult for yourself. Check attached.

Attachments:

Yes, clearly! Thanks a lot. The reason I was separating each step was to be able to have control on all the modules (in case I needed) but this works perfectly.

Thanks again. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service