Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

Can someone help me find what is wrong with my model?

I created a brep (a polysurface to be more precise). It has some weird behavior when it's being meshed. If you zoom in on the model you'll see that even the preview geometry is literally 'rough around the edges'. And if you try to mesh the brep, the resulting geometry is very messy. While running the meshing, zoom in on the edge of the base or the curved 'gutter that runs over the surface and you'll see what I mean.

The Brep itself seems fine. I tried Rhino for MAC as well as Windows, but can't find/fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

greetings, Jack Bakker

PS:  I know this is not a specific Grasshopper question. I already posted  on the general Rhino forum, but repost here because the model was completely generated in Grasshopper, which may hold a clue to solving the problem.

Views: 345

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Your model is 469 millions units far away from the origin, and 123000 units long.

Is that really needed ? That could cause some of the problems you are encountering.

FAQ's ...the absolutely helpful things, nobody ever seems to read.

Http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/farfromorigin

Also, when things are to far from the origin gh takes much longer to solve.

Thanks for all the input.

@ Systemiq: The model is part of a bridge that is roughly 30 by 300 meters. And in some parts I need precision on a sub-centimeter scale. That's why the model is in mm's and has such a high number of units. The distance from the origin is the actual location of the object in the 3d model of the surroundings.

@ Hannes: Thanks for pointing to the article, it covers all the above mentioned things.

@ Michael: I'll try the suggested solutions and hopefully gain some performance as well.

Jack

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service