Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello everyone!

Im currently trying to achieve a specific patter with lines length. Im stuck because I have tried many things but none of these allow me to:

1. Achive the specific form. 2. Vary it after.

Having the same number of sliders for each lines seems like the only option left... Though I will not be able to increase the number of lines, unless I also increase the number of sliders. Quite tedious.

Graph mapper came to mind, but the specific patter I need is not an option.

Thanks for any help

Views: 968

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

What is this specific pattern?

Hello David, its replicated in the Rhino file. The pattern is a curve interpolated through a set of points.

Specifically Im trying to recreate this geometry. I have found the plan section for this glass dome, and from there I got this pattern which defines the middle/central curve.

The key is once I come up with the system to describe this geometry I can vary it inputting more variables into system.

I think you should look at this discussion that is happening right now: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/modifying-a-curve-through... I am sure it will help you in what you want to achieve.

When if you try to combine my previous two definitions..

Thank you Hyungsoo, but thats not what I am asking for in this thread, I have achieved something similar a few days ago.

There are a couple of problem with this approach.

First of all the curves are not elliptical.

As you can see, the shape is closed, and the side look like this:

Also, I feel there is no value in generating a surface and then triangulating it, I am aiming to finding the curves that define this geometry's grid rather than trying to approach the grid by triangulating a surface.

But thats my work to do, I am simply inquiring for a way to generate this type of curve, which is not elliptical.

I proposed a section of planes that define the control points of the curve/heights at a given distance. Problem is... how do I vary this curve without having multiple sliders for each height?

Maybe there is a way to describe the curve mathematically and input it in graph mapper?

Alright, that could be a way, but I think I managed to describe the curve geometrically composed of a bigger ellipse and a smaller one inside this one with half its radius.

Thank you for your suggestions still.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service