Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Urgent question about box morph (Uni Assignment due) thx!

Dear all,

I'm a architecture student who is new to grasshopper. I am trying to reverse engineer the facade in the photograph (see attached).facade%20-%20Copy.PNG

Right now when I try to create the diamond shapes of this pattern, I cannot infill the central diamond. (Please see picture below). 

Right now my progress is this so far (see attachments below), could anyone please tell me how I could progress further?

box%20morph1.3dm FACADE%20TEXTURE%202.gh

Please help, thank you all lovely people.

Kind regards,

Isabelle Yang

Views: 830

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tom, 

Thank you so much for replying to my question.

I am doing box morphing on a curved surface, the base geometry is shown in the picture I believe is more like two pyramids on top of each other? You know, combined as one diamond shape and with thickness.

At this stage, I can only do box morph once, shown attachment (current stage) as well. but I don't know how to use box morph again to fill the gap. How could I find the ideal shape that could perfectly fit in?

A better image of the original project is attached as well.

Kind regards,

Isabelle Yang

Attachments:

I think the crucial picture is not properly uploaded. You may have to explain in a bit more detail what 'central diamond' refers to.

Hi David, 

Thank you so much for replying to my question.

I am doing box morphing on a curved surface, the base geometry is shown in the picture I believe is more like two pyramids reversed and are on top of each other? You know, combined as one diamond shape and with thickness.

At this stage, I can only do box morph once, shown attachment (current stage) as well. but I don't know how to use box morph again to fill the gap. How could I find the ideal shape that could perfectly fit in?

A better image of the original project is attached as well.

Kind regards,

Isabelle Yang

Attachments:

Attachments:

Hi.

Why you need "Box Morph" for such pattern?  Need "Lunchgox" plug-in.

Attachments:

Hi Hyungsoo,

Thanks for replying to my question.

I should use lunchbox, you're correct. However, the shape im doing is not planar, and it is on an angle. See attached photograph. 

Further please see my current progress in attachments,

Thank you.

Regards,

Isabelle Yang

Attachments:

Hi.

Why don't you try to take advantage of what I've already made for you?

And your file doesn't contain the required geometries.

Please internalise your base data or post your 3dm file along with your gh file.

It's an advice for you, from now on, read this carefully and put everything you need together.

Attachments:

And check this as well.

Attachments:

Thanks Tom, appreciated.

Dear Hyungsoo,  
I really appreciate you for doing an example, I am really thankful and it demonstrates your kindness to share using your own time, thank you. In your illustration, there are some components that I haven't touched before. so
In your illustration, there are some components that I haven't learnt yet in my schooling, so it took me the whole day trying to figure out how the whole thing works.
After downloading lunchbox and tried to build the thing. And now I just have one question to ask:
Why the Evaluate surface component does not give me the tangent vector of the points on surface? Please refer to my working progress (attachment).
Thank you very much for your answers. I'm really new to grasshopper, if I am asking some silly questions, just forgive me. I promise one day when I'm as talented as you, I'll strive to help other too :)
Regards,
Isabelle Yang
Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by