Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

URGENT: Dividing up a surface in different scaled amounts

Hi

really needing the help of the people on here.

What im trying to construct in grasshopper is a wall that is made up of small components (pixels). I want the 'pixels' to be larger at one end of the wall and gradually scale down towards the twist in the wall.

I have tried scaling the domain boxes, but this hasn't helped

im sure there is probably a simple method on doing this and i am just not doing it right

any help would be greatly appreciated

I need to have this script completed by Sunday (3 days away)

The first attached file shows the current wall designed, the problem with this design is that all the 'pixels' are the same size, i need there to be a varrying of sizes, so that the wall forms a gradient type effect (large at one end and gradually turns into smaller pixels)

the second file shows the new design for the wall

we want to use box morphing to morph the pixel to the wall, the division of the wall will be where the pixel is morphed to

Views: 1888

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

that is PERFECT! thanks for that

the only issue i have is that only seems to work for a 2dimension shape. Im sure i would be able to apply similar principles to make it work on the 3D wall?

the attached files shows the progress.. it works when the 2d sqaure is applied, but not when i attach the wall surface

Attachments:

you sure bout that? :)

maybe this?

Attachments:

nice

Thanks for the quick responses
im sure there is probably something slightly wrong with my script as to why its not working on a 3D plane, ill double check it

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service