Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello all

I want to achieve to make a vase out of typographic forms. That implements a typographic design in illustrator, export to rhino and import into grasshopper. I only don't know how to threat the form itself to map it around so it becomes a vase and make it thickness with rounded corners like splines - wholes like a voronoi form because grasshopper only maps planar - please some help or a link to a tutorial which i can use to become a piece of art

Views: 1509

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

This image is not exactly the same as yours, but if you already have your text curves(single or double lines), you can pipe or extrude them, and then you can apply them to your target surface using "surface morph"(same as rhino's flowAlongSrf command) or "map to surface" (just for curves)component.

Thank you Kim but that is just the issue. I don't want a surface. The letters need to be thickened so they perform the "cape" of the vase. Inside, I would like to put a real vase in glass but hte outside is only the extruded version of the letters.

offset Target srf--->distort it---->apply surface morph ;;

Hardly dare to ask but I'm newby in grasshopper, do you also have a screen of exemple file for me :-)

You can download def+3dm from here

<password : gh2015>

Thank you so much Kim, never thought mathematics could be so much fun

Would you reup def+3dm 

Would you reshare def+3dm ?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos