Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hello,

i have the various lines of a substrate and now want to get cells from the void between those lines. can someone tell me how to achieve this? (the cell could be a closed polyline) if someone could tell me how it works in plain theory i will probably be able to fix it on my own.

thx!

Views: 1595

Replies to This Discussion

I'm assuming (as no picture or diagram was posted) that you are referring to the same algorithm I've added to StructDrawRhino as curve Network fillet.  That you have multiple curves connected end to end and you want to identify the polygons formed by this group.  

Outlining the steps is easy enough, sort the curves, identify the perimeter (if it exists) and then traverse the curve network identifying circuits (if not already encountered).  Putting that into code (or a grasshopper definition) is not so easy, so if this is what you want, I'd at least test my component first.  The example model is on my blog, installation instructions are here: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/geometrygym/forum/topics/install...

I hope I've interpreted your request correctly.  I'm happy to advise further either way.

Cheers,

Jon

you may also be able to get away with making a planar surface and using the lines to "split surface" - it is not always totally effective though, split surface can be kind of finicky. You can easily get the edges from the resulting split surfaces and convert them back into closed polylines.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service