Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Sequences/series irregular intervals

Hi I have a curve 250m long, the first and last segments are 32.4m long with the internal segments 46.3m long.

I then have adopted a panel length of 24m, which based upon the initial segment lengths provides two further panels of 22.3m and 22.25m. The intent is hopefully illustrated on the attached sketch.

There is a sequence to the panel lengths identified as: a-b-c-b-c-b-c-b-c-b-a

b is a single panel however would be spilt into two

I would appreciate some help in the use of generating a series to solve this problem.

My plan seemed simple:

• Generate the initial segments with 32.4m and 46.3m on the 250m long curve, shown as x’s
  • Introduce the 24m panel generating the additional points shown as dot’s
  • Then culling the x’s

Thanks

Kenyon

Views: 907

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Something like this?

Attachments:

Hi Hyungsoo, thanks for your reply.

Your definition is correct it is what i was hoping to achieve with domains using series.

The problem relates to a 250 m length of fabricated steel plate girder (web segments/panels). The initial numbers relate to the span between the supports. The following divisions are based on utilising a max plate length of 24m.

The domain approach was to help checking both visually and numerically in the GH canvas, if that makes sense.

In your definition I am a little puzzled as to what the circle primitive is doing, can you elaborate?

thanks

kenyon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service