Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello!

I'm a beginner and this is my first post. I am trying to select the vertices of a mesh by their proximity in order to move them and, as a result, transform the mesh. I've created this model as an exercise as I continue learning Grasshopper. Thanks to anyone that can offer guidance.

I've combed posts and tutorials, and have tried many different components but I haven't had luck solving this. I understand the Proximity 3D component has an output (T) that "outputs for every point in the set a list of integers. These integers are the indices of the points that were connected. So this basically allows you to figure out which points were close", but I couldn't figure out how to make use of the data plugging in List Item to select existing points, so I reverted to End Points from the Links as Tree output. I'm also not able to solve how it feeds back to transform the mesh. Could I use Hoopsnake to auto update moved vertices?

1st technique goal

Select the vertices of a mesh by their closest proximity in order to move them and, as a result, transform the mesh

2nd technique goal

Is it possible to select vertices of a mesh by a defined range for proximity? For example, can I select only vertices that are more than a given distance from one another but less than a second greater distance from one another?

Views: 1091

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

How about using "Cull Duplicates"+ "Replace Items" instead of Proximity3D?

Attachments:

Hyungsoo thank you very much for making the time to offer a solution! As a beginner I'm alternating between studying manuals and tutorials, and jumping into territory well over my head to try and work my way back out. This is very helpful learning for me.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service