Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello, Grasshopper newbie here. I am currently testing Grasshopper to do some basic things with a facade, composed of "pixel" panels in a grid. These pixels are either on (vertical, 0 degree rotation) or off (horizontal, 90 degree rotation). I have finished the setup of it all, now I am just trying to figure out how I will turn on/off these pixel panels. As these object components are in a group, how could I apply a rotation command to each single object? And how would I rotate each one within its own grid?

Much appreciated!

JB

Grasshopper Facade Test.3dm

facade.gh

Views: 1535

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, I seem to have found a possible solution. I flattened the capped pixels panels and used EvaluateBox to rotate the panels within their own grid. However, instead of rotating from a vertical to horizontal position they rotated 90 degrees in the horizontal position, I think because the UVW plane that I'm feeding into the Rotate3D command is horizontal, it is rotating around that axis. Now to find a way to rotate that UVW plane...

Okay, I have found a solution to the rotating problem. What I'm trying to do now is split the list of panels between the "on" and "off" pixels, I used Random Reduce to cull the main index "on" pixel panels. Is there a way to retrieve the culled N numbers from the Subsurface or Random Reduce list so that I can feed those same N numbers into the "off" pixel panels? I have tried everything from Index Split/Reverse and with no luck.

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service