Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hi all,

as a student currently exploring the galapagos plug-in, i was hoping someone could suggest a meaning behind the following statement i've often observed in my evolutionary record:

'Record: Genome was mutated to avoid collision'

any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

jodi

Views: 947

Replies to This Discussion

I think there is a good chance this is related to the nan results Galapagos seems to be recording in subsequent generations (when combining Galapagos with structural analysis solvers using the SSI connectors).  I think the valid "result pool" options are dwindling and the algorithm is trying to seek other possibilities to progress further. 

Hi Jodi,

Galapagos is based on the premise that the exact same slider layout results in the exact same answer. Therefore, there's no point in solving the same slider layout more than once. When a new genome is created, it is first compared to all existing genomes to see whether it is truly unique (this is very fast, don't worry). If it is not unique, it will be mutated slightly and tested again. If I cannot create a unique genome by applying a 1000 subsequent mutations I give up and recycle the old value.

When you see that message, it basically means that a specific optimization kicked in. Nothing to worry about.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Thanks for the explanation David, very helpful.

i second jon's sentiments.

thanks so much for the insight, gentlemen. much appreciated.

jodi

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service