Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi all,

I am building a gateway/tunnel out of 3D voronoi cells.

I wanted to pick only interior surfaces of the voronoi cells. How do I do that?

I have tried selecting the centroids of the surfaces and use a specific distance between the centroids and a point on a curve going through the gateway. But I have to manually set the distance to cull out the exterior points. 

Is there any elegant way to do this? is there a way to select all the surfaces pointing inwards instead of using the distance method?

Thanks in advance

Views: 1454

Replies to This Discussion

Further to this question, if I use my existing method, and found all the centroid of the surfaces I want to use, how, do I get the corresponding voronoi cell again, ( this may sound silly but I have such a problem doing this, been on this for a few days now)

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

The GH file attached if you want to see my original approach. 

Rizz

Attachments:

Are you looking to remove whatever cells are on the outside of whatever cloud of voronoi cells you have, or just the cells that border on the original box shaped boundary?

I wanted to pick the surfaces of the cells facing the interior of the tunnel/gateway. In relation to your question, these cells will be at the interior border of the original box. My intention is to make holes on these selected surfaces 

The pics attached, red arrows, are the directions of the surfaces are pointing to. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service