Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Everyone,

I've just spent a couple of days reading up about data trees and path mapping but I just can't seem to figure out how to map my data the way I need it!

I want to arrange the data into rows and columns rather than in a chaotic list. When I graft this data it just puts each point into its own branch, but when I flatten it the data is listed in a way that just isn't useful. When I do manage to create branches at all they don't sort the points into a matrix. I'm sure there must be a simple solution but I just need a bit of help, I just really struggle to fully understand how I can organise my data! On the left you can see the points I am trying to sort and on the right you can see the kind of data structure I am trying to reproduce.

Thanks

Anna

Views: 712

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

Check attached. Best.

Attachments:

Wow, that's great Hyungsoo! Thanks! Is there a way I can apply this to the vertices of the geometries rather than the area? Thanks

Is it what you want?

Attachments:

Thanks again, i actually worked out a different way to achieve the same thing by deconstructing the faces after using your definition then unflattening them with the centroids produced by your definition as guides.

I think I have a general idea of how your sorting definition works but it would be good if you could explain it to me. I think what you have done is selected all of the points with similar X coordinates and made a list of these coordinates, then the 'member index' component finds all the points with those X coordinates and puts them into appropriate branches? Then these points are sorted in relation to the Y coordinates so that their arrangement is ascending rather than semi-random. Is that right? (If a bit vague)

Thanks!

Anna

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service