Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

move control point of a line in relation to attractor point

Hi,

I am pretty new at grasshopper and I need some help. I am trying to recreate the celling structure of a building that I am analysing for one of my classes. The idea is to be able to move the control points of the lines away from the circles that I created. I think I can do it with attractor points, but the problem is I can't quite figure out how to move curtain part of the curve, (isolate the control points of the line), and move them in regards to the distance between the control points (the circules) and the lines.

I am attaching a few picture of what I am trying to copy so you’ll can get an idea of what I am talking about. Thanks in advance of all your help!! 

Views: 4112

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

I couldn't handle your definition. So, I'd rather show you an example using one of field(Point Charge)component. Have fun with it. Best.

Attachments:

thanks I will try it out! 

Hi I have a new question, can you make the outer lineas, meaning the ones farthest way from the cirucles on either side straight. When I vary the amplitud, all of the lines move together a similar amount and I need the to gradually become straighter. 

Basically, evaluted field's tensor outputs are vectors, so you can manipulate them by using graph mapper. you'll need to elaborate on that.

thank you so much I will try it out

Hi I was wondering if you could further explain to me how to got that result. I tried to figure it out my self, but when I add a graph mapper to the evaluated field's tensor, it does not produce that same result, I can't get the straight lines; they are still a bit curved. 

1. Use your rectangular boundary curve -->

2. get curve closest point per each grid point and distance--->

3. remap distance to use as ratio value of vector multiplication

(You can use graphmapper at this step)

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos