Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

SOLVED_Map to surface includes previously trimmed parts

Hi all,

Im trying to recreate Brasil cathedral. I cannot understand why the Map to surface command is projecting the pattern even to the part of brep that was previously trimmed by Split brep and selected from list.

Im also curious whether there is a better way to create the ribs. My solution is enlarging the ribs around one point, but the enlargement is limited by other curves (triangles) that Im using to define the lofted shape.

Ideal state would be a point movable along the curve. (With slider-0 as a beginning of the rib, 100 end of the rib.) This point would be defining the thickest part of rib. And the changes would be even up to the end of the rib.

Views: 330

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

It's because your trimmed surface still keeping the original untrimmed surface's UV domain data.

This one(Red parts are my additions) is a roundabout method convert your trimmed surface to untrimmed one.

And you can have more control to your section curves of rib with graph mapper and scaling domain.

Attachments:

I cant thank you enough, that is exactly what I was serching for.. Very helpfull, and very educative.

Just from inspecting your part of code, Ive learned a lot of new and incredibelly helpfull stuff. Thank you!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service