Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

I am trying to loft three sets of curves, but I can't manage to give the correct order. I tried to flat and graft each set before lofting but no luck. Any ideas how I can give the correct order?

Thank you

Laura

Views: 1307

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Damon,

thank you so much for the help. Great work. Sorry for late reply I have been moved to another project.

I am trying your script and I noticed that with my surface, which is a trimmed surface from a sphere, it den't really work. I tried to cut your surface with my perimeter and it does work. Where do you think it might be the problem? I tried to rebuild my sphere trimmed srf with patch, but no good result. Is it a UV problem? 

Ah, trimmed surfaces. They cause headaches.

My recommendation:

- In Rhino, duplicate the edges of the surface and join them so you have the boundary.

- In Rhino, untrim the surface.

- In GH, create the grids and lofts, etc.

- In GH or Rhino, use the boundary curves to trim the final product.

This may or may not work as I'm reading your post and thinking this through, because it is a sphere. Can you post a Rhino file with your surface?

Hi,

this is the surface, apparently the script works if I project on the sphere a rectangle and then trim it. Not sure if it's the boundary that complicates things.

Attachments:

Other thing,

did you redesigned the hexagon pattern in Rhino through polyline?

Yes, I did.

Did you do it in GH? I'd like to see that part if so.

Hi, Laura.

OK, so you can use your surface without a problem. The issue is the seam. When you draw a sphere from scratch in Rhino, you'll notice a seam (turn off Show Isocurve display to show it most clearly). This seam is the start and end of the surface. If you rotate your sphere so the trimmed portion lies on a part without the seam, then retrim the surface, everything should work just fine. See the attached.

Best,

Damon

Attachments:

Hi,

cool, you're right. It works perfectly.

Thank you very much for the tip!

Hi,

I did as well in Rhino. The reason why I am asking is because when I use your pattern the loft is perfect, when I use mine, the edges are not lofted.

I was wondering if you used a particular technique to generate it.

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service