Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to change the way the lists are being grouped. I was following this tutorial on creating grid shell but they are using arc3pt which turned out to be a disaster when the curves are not too symmetrical in my case. I think if I could group the three set of list together I can use interpolate curve to solve this issue?

To elaborate - I want to put item 1 in {0,0} and {1,1} and {2,2} together then item 2 and so on...

I tried to used arc3pt then decompose the curves hopping it would give me the same 3 sets of point that was used to created it but it turned out too well as well. 

The gridshell tutorial : https://vimeo.com/album/2282897/video/60604978

Views: 409

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Bit of a tedious process but I managed? Well that's talking on a small scale...I would have died if these curves were divided by 10...

If anyone can think of a better way for this please do tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Hi.

The geodesic curves are determined according to the shape of their base surface.

If you use the three curves in your 3dm to create a surface, you'll probably get twisted portions and the geodesic curves will overlap partially.

Moreover, your 3 curves are not in the same direction and unifing curve directions is a critical part of this kind of "Shift" operation.

So, loft's "loose" option was used to mitigate the distortion of the surface after unifing curve directions.

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service