Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to create a definition for an incline tower. I got the initial steps right (I think) but for some reason I can't get the floor plates to align with the line I created. Can anybody help? - I'm sure it's an easy fix. I uploaded a rough example of what I'm trying to get. 

Thanks and keep up the good work!

M

Views: 472

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi M,

You were close. I've included a possible solution simplifies the whole thing. (You could use the Brep-Plane intersect without changing the first part of your definition.) What I did was create xy planes at each point and then intersect it with the Breps in your model. That way you don't have to worry about the angle. Note that on the Brep component that brings in the tower masses I've grafted the output.

Attachments:

Hey Damon. 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. How do I combine your definition with the original one?

M

In other words - I want to keep the angle to make the tower inclined...

Are you using the geometry for the making of the towers that was in the Rhino model? If not, then we're talking about a different can of worms. You could take your points that follow the inclined line and plug it into the P input of the Rectangle component. Then use the rectangles to make floor slabs and loft them to get the massing.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service