Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

hi guy´s
i´m a rookie in Gh and i have some problems with the image sample definiton.
the aim is to get images of famous person of of little dots which throw shadows onto a wall-so the pitcure get a grey contrast an get more readalbe.
here a some result which i´m not happy with so far.

Views: 1982

Replies to This Discussion

whats the problem?

the circles of the image sample defintion should be extrude like little dot´s

something like this...but i just get it to extrude to cylinders.

i would share the definition but i forgot in the office- will post it tomorrow!

Hi Henry

Use loft instead of extrude.  Exchange height of extrusion with a loft distance or size of the upper circle (or both). That would be my approach.

Piotr

Hi Michael, Piotr

thanks for fast response!  well i´m stuck at this point. i tried alot but failed all the time. 

Attachments:

How about this as a different approach for creating the truncated cones 

1) Create an Axis Line in the centre of the Cone (SDL)

2) Move the End Points of the Line to the form the edge of the cone.

3) Revolve around the axis

4) Cap

Danny

It's quite clever but I think Henry wants every element to have the same radius at the base of the volume or am I wrong ?

Good morning

Nope that is going into the right direction. the elements could have a different radius a the base! thats fine. but the height of the cones should be the same and fixed. so if i change the grid extension the cones should scale with it and keep there proportions. 

Just have a constant input to the L of the SDL component to get the same height across the board. You will probably need a maximum component after the division so that you prevent the cones having no thickness at all.

So here is an image. the definition works fine-thanks Danny! But why have your red dots different height? I just want to try it with different height to see how it looks but even without a constant input to the L of the SDL component the height is equal for each dot. What i´m doing wrong?

My height was equal to the "radius" value coming out of the Division component

oh sorry i didn´t noticed that. Now it works! Thankyou

Looks nice. Try render it with more dramatic lighting.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service