Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

i've tried looking to see if this has been answered before but havent found anything.  is there a way to update to newer versions of grasshopper with keeping all the other add-on's?  especially for ones like geometry gym that require that license file.

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

GHA files that are not part of the installer should be placed in the Component folder. This folder will not be erased during a new install. Where exactly the Components folder is differs per version of windows (on Win7it's here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries

You can reach the Components folder via the File->Special Folders->Components Folder menu.

--

David Rutten

david@mcneel.com

Poprad, Slovakia

Hi Aaron,

I was pretty sure that now I've moved my gha files out of the grasshopper folder updating Grasshopper would not erase my plugin files?  Especially the license is totally independant and should not be disturbed by updating either Grasshopper or my plugins.  Are you running an up to date version?

One exception, if Grasshopper has had changes in the library functions my plugin (or any other) are using then you will also have to install a newer version of the plugin as soon as I've (or the other developers) have made it available.  

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service