Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Dear all,

I am a Loughborough University Student doing a final year project on BIM and Grasshopper use in construction and looking at the crossovers and potentially solving the interoperability problem.

I am in need of companies within the UK who use Grasshopper in construction projects, be it only in the design, documentation or using the geometry gym plug-in to take part in a short questionnaire and possibly a follow up interview if it can be arranged.

I have found a few companies who have used Grasshopper in the UK, such as Foster and Partners but I need more than a small number to make the questionnaire viable.

Does anyone here know of companies who have used Grasshopper in the process of design, construction or documentation within the UK, if so could you let me know and who to contact if possible.

I appreciate any replies as I am struggling to find enough participants via my own means of searching.

Regards,

Philip Valentine

Views: 354

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Philip,

Not sure I could help you further than this, but Zaha Hadid are also using Grasshopper in their design.

There's 1490 users registered from the UK (found by filtering members using an advanced search)

http://www.grasshopper3d.com/profiles/members/search?name=&q26=...

Not sure about success rate of contacting them from the cold, but you could try.

If an event such as Shape To Fabrication was held you could try meeting as many people as possible there.

Most consultants and designers keep their work flows and processes to themselves, so I can understand that determining Grasshopper users is not easy.  There are quite a few commercial users out there though.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service