Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Generative algorithms, fabrication. standstill in the tutorial

Hi All

im going through Generative algorithms by Zubin Khabazi

( http://toi.bk.tudelft.nl/downloads/ar1ae015/Generative_Algorithms.pdf )page 158

and have come to the Fabrication part.

Here I seem to have done something wrong and cant get my grasshopper file to draw planes on my rhino surface in the same way as Zubin does in his tutorial.

My bet is that there are some problem with the orientation (u/v og planes ) but what ever I tried I cant get the curves to land on the plane, any one who have a clue?

Cheers Thorup

Views: 715

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Thorup, 

I have attached the working definition. Zubin, although immensely helpful with his publication, did not show a full screenshot of the definition so I managed to get confused as well at first. Anyway, there were a few problems you started off with. 

1) your surface that you were contouring was too complex. Once you start rolling it over on itself you risk allowing your curves, points, data to become out of order which can cause all sorts of issues. Thus I simplified your input surface. 

2) Your cutting planes were not perpendicular to the surface you intended to cut. This was the major issue since it is vital to have perp frames in order to contour a surface with the section component. 

3) Flatten outputs of curves going into the orient component

4) Choose one branch of the surface component since you are only populating it with one column. 

5) Did you size your material width and length? It seems huge. Sizing it is vital especially in your case where your input geometry was much smaller than the material width and length. 

Hope this helps, as I said the tutorial was rather confusing from the onset. 

Erik

Attachments:

Thanks Erik

It worked and im now on to the next step :-)

Cheers

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service