Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

Brand new Grasshopper user  here.

I am trying to fillet the corners of a polygon with two different radii (example: a fillet with a radius of 1 ft on the top two corners and a fillet with a radius of 2 ft on the bottom two corners).

I've found a work around where you can add two Fillet Radius dimension slider bars to the polygon command and then manually split and rejoin the polygon with the desired corners in rhino.

However I am trying to completely incorporate this design into grasshopper.

I've attached a .gh file and rhino file for reference. The picture shows what I want to achieve in white and the work around in grasshopper.

Any suggestions/tips/help is appreciated!!

Thank you!

Views: 1701

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Similar to this:

Different fillet on inner/outer corners polyline
http://www.grasshopper3d.com/forum/topics/different-on-inner-outer-...

Hello,

Thank you for that link! Useful to look through. I have not had any experience with using the trees in grasshopper.

Thanks!

It may not be an efficient method, anyway, this could be one way.

Have a try to change polygon segments count.

Attachments:

Hello,

That is a good way to do. I probably can figure out a way to simplify(I hope). But That does appear to do the job.

Thank you!

Hi,

I've been playing around with this. But one question I do have is how do you change where the fillet occurs. So right now the fillets that are the same are diagonal from each other, how do you modify the line segments such that they are right next to each other?

If that makes sense

Try to change boolean pattern for "Dispatch", for example,(true, true, false, or whatever...) instead of default setting.

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service