Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

I am trying to create holes into a planar board. The holes are basically circles created after trimming "pipes" with the board. My goal is to modify the radius of the created circles, and afterwards, have the board, with holes depending on the chosen radius of the circle. However, since the circles are in the same compound (5 holes in total, thus 10 circle defined on both sides of the board). Does anyone know how can i manage the collection of data from a compound? 

I had similar problem trying to create and arctangent between circles that are in a single compound, and overall being able to control the shape you want to create.

What it tried to do is: create the curve after trimming the 2 volumes, that find the center of the curves. Afterwards, I created circles in the same place, but with a different radius, and I was thinking to loft the respective circles in order to create the holes. But I think that a easier way should exist, but I am not familiar with it taking in account my current knowledge of grasshopper.

Thank you for your help. It would save me a lot of time, since the deadline of the project is approaching. :) 

Views: 302

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully, I explained clear enough the result I am seeking.

Hi.

I don't understand what you are exactly tring to achieve, and you didn't internalised your point geometry, anyway, solid difference is rather easy in this case. Why don't you just change your circle radius to get different hole size?

Attachments:

actually, I could change the radius of the base of the tube, and trim the horizontal board with the new tubes. But I am wondering whether I could extract the parameters of the circles created after the trim, afterwards modifying the radius of these circles, by so creating holes with a different radius. 

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service