Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

I am experiencing an error when using reference curves. I created 4 lines in Rhino with each length of several thousand mm. However when I have them referenced in Grasshopper some components are showing those reference curves at a much smaller scale, while some others recognize them properly.

You can see this error in the image I attached. The green little thing is the smaller version generated by the GH reference component at the upper left corner of the canvas. And the length of each curve just dropped by 1/1000, as the lengths are shown on the GH canvas. Yet the big red geometry is something I derived from the same referenced curves.

I find this error very weird. If it is just the curve referencing component not working, how can some other components can recognize the output from the reference component properly and produce the correct output? Therefore I think, it is not just a simple problem of this component. GH probably has some other bugs that are causing multiple problems.

Views: 684

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Meng,

weird indeed. Can you post these curves so I can reference them myself, see what's going on?

--
David Rutten
david@mcneel.com
Poprad, Slovakia
Yes. I just narrowed down the problem here. I think it's because I'm using sdrSweepProfile from http://ssi.wikidot.com/. Not sure if you have it but worth a look. Whenever I disconnect that component the other ones get back to normal again.
Attachments:
Hi Meng,

I'll be taking a look at this first thing in the morning. It should be very quick to resolve.
The plug-in database of section profiles works inherently in metres, and scales generated items back to document units when outputting, however I should be scaling a "duplicate" of the path curve (instead of on the grasshopper curve handed to my code as it's affecting the original curve).

Apologies,

Jon
Excellent! Looking forward to hearing good news from you
Hi Meng,

Sorry again for the problem, but thanks for reporting. You should find it behaving as expected in the latest build, http://www.geometrygym.com/downloads

If you see anything else amiss, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon
Thanks for the fix!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by