Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi

Please see the attached photo - as an example, I'm making a curve through 4 points. I'm wondering if there's any way to assign a 'strength' to each point, for example a slider, where if the value is 0 the point has not impact of the curve, and where the value is 1, the curve forms a sharp corner at that point.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

James

Views: 1199

Replies to This Discussion

change the curve degree.

try this. 

This is a practical solution, maybe it won't work for you.

Try first averaging the points to get the barycenter. Then plotting lines from the barycenter to each point. Then evaluate the lines and finally do what Michael said with the evaluated lines points. 

You might have to fine tune it so that it doesn't change the start and end positions of the curve and to obtain points that are above the lines domain. 

There is a Nurbs Curve component that allows you to specify weights. You will need to manually input Knot Vectors but there is a default component available as well.

I don't understand what [Knot Vector] does. I input the length of the point list (4) and get:

Could you clarify a bit Danny? Thanks!

I don't believe you tried the Nurbs Curve component

It's incredibly bad practice to "stack" control points. the maths involved goes crazy. I highly recommend you do not include the "exact" same point. You will need to move it ever so slightly

the maths involved goes crazy.

Could you explain? I hardly ever experienced issues doing this :/

Have you ever used Maxsurf?

They regularly do this sort of thing to create knuckles. But when you try and use the IGES files that have been created this way in other software (analytic) where you are dynamically meshing the hull for CFD or sectioning it for Hydrostatics You get zero length segments. Even Rhino sometimes has issues trying to create a render mesh for display. 

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service