Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello All,
I have a custom component that outputs a list of breps. When i go to bake them i would like an event watcher to fire that bakes something else rather than the breps that are being displayed. What is this event watcher called, and how would it work in a custom component?
Thank you.

Views: 330

Replies to This Discussion

Here's how I've overridden baking for my Grasshopper plug-ins.

My custom data inherits from GH_GeometricGoo, IGH_BakeAwareData
and then overrides public bool BakeGeometry(RhinoDoc doc, global::Rhino.DocObjects.ObjectAttributes att, out Guid obj_guid)

I'm not sure if this is possible if you mean c# or vb.net scripting components.

There might already be examples of this, if not I'll try and provide something tomorrow if no else does in the interim.

Cheers,

Jon
thanks Jon,
But just to give you the heads up, im working on a product that directly competes with yours, RhinoBIM...
I just wanted to let you know if that influences your decision to help me or not....

Thanks
Erik
Hi Erik,

Let me state publicly that doesn't influence the help or advice I'd offer here. To have a different view would go against the grain of the Rhino/Grasshopper community.

I've had a few conversations with Rick about collaboration and ensuring compatibility and whilst there is an overlap, the field is such an massive opportunity. I'm all for the best architectural and modelling tools to be developed for Rhino/Grasshopper.

Cheers,

Jon

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service