Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project now and I am using the script from this website and modified a bit to suit my design: http://object-e.net/tools

However I am still not very good at grasshopper and I will need some help. Please find the attached rhino and grasshopper files.

I repeated the script 4 times to create different sizes of spheres so they appear to scale down the curve. I manually take out the spheres I don't want and ultimately I want to achieve is something like this: 

So here are my questions:

1. Can I control the scale down in two directions without repeating my script? As in there's a scale down of the grid size and the scale down of the spheres from their own centre.

2. I would like to round off the spheres sizes to the sizes I define: 1500mm max down to 100mm min

3. To eliminate the tiny spheres that is included in the script 

4. To retain the possibility of the spheres follow a curve/multiple curves

Sorry for my bad explanation Thank you in advance for the help, please bear with my limited knowledge in grasshopper :)

Views: 1476

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.

I'm not familiar with C# thing and also I'm not sure this def. is what you want.

It's thousand of sphere thing so, I guss your file is too heavy to open with my machine, therefore I made new def. for you from scratch.

This is a standard curve attractor definition with few more control using graph mapper.

Attachments:

Hi,

First of all thank you for the help! I think it's very close to what I need. One thing is that may I know if it is possible to round off all the spheres to natural numbers? So I can keep track of what types of sizes of spheres there are in the model.

Again thank you for the help!

Natural number means integer number above "0" ?

You can do the following.

Attachments:

Thanks a lot, I tried the same thing myself as well. What I am trying to figure out now is to round the spheres off to a certain set of radius as I need the manufacturer only produces certain types of spheres. So here is my list(in mm diameter): 100; 200; 300; 480; 580; 680; 800; 1000; 1300; 1500; 1800, is there a way of expression I can add to the script so the spheres can round off to those numbers?

I know this question is very amateur, again thanks for all the help!

If you can install the plug-in " Heteroptera" which can download from here, you can find a useful component named "Cloest Numbers" in the math tab.

Attachments:

Thank you so sooo much!

I will try it out and hope that I will get what I ultimately need, thanks a lot!

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service