Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hello,

I'm trying to align the UV coordinates of two surfaces.

The surfaces are generated with the Networksurface-Component and share an identical edge. I would like to have the identical U-/V-valures along that shared edge.

As you can see in the image below, the generated Points aren't even close to touch each other in the center where the two surfaces (light and dark red) touch. (The black lines are the lines in Rhino, used for the network surfaces)It would great if someone has an solution for fixing/aligning the UV-Coordinates.

Thanks a lot! Best greetings from Germany

Torben

Views: 2311

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Torben.

One way to do it would be to use the shared curve, divide it to get Isocurves on each surface, then divide each of those to get your grid of points.There may be other, better ways, but this was the first thing that came to mind.

Attachments:

I humbly disagree. Perhaps it isn't doing what you expected, but it is using the UVs of the surfaces. The Isocurve component is finding the U-curves of the surfaces at the points I chose. The Surface Closest Point is giving the UV coordinates of those first set of points I created (the output is called uvP for a reason). Then the Isocurve generates the U-curves on the surfaces (thus the "U" ouput and "V" which I'm not using). Finally, I create points along those curves. If I wanted the UV coordinates of each point, I could feed the points into another Surface Closest Point and look at the uvP output.

To your next step, what I've given you is points in a grid, exactly what you ened to create triangular and hexagonal divisions. When I'm back at the office, I'm happy to put together that part of the definition as an example.

Correction, you are right that it is not using the curvature in the V direction, since I am doing a simple curve division. Getting V Isocurves along the top and intersecting the U Isocurves could work, an extension of the method I started.

OK, so here's what I

Attachments:

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service